Cap-off the summer of 2017 with a trip to Sun City Music Festival as we welcome the seventh annual music festival to El Paso, Texas on September 2-3rd at Ascarate Park. The sizzling hot lineup features an international pool of talent showcasing their wares across two days and three stages. Join our tribe of desert dwellers to kick-up some dust with the livest crowd in the country. Lock in your party plans for the long, holiday weekend and celebrate with us, as we count down the road to SCMF!
This year, we're making it easy for festival goers to embrace the golden rule that it's always better to give than to receive, by partnering with The Salvation Army as official charity of SCMF you can win big by giving back.
Festivities take place on Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend from 5:00 PM until 2:00 AM each night.
Day 1: Saturday, September 2nd
- Parking lots open at 4:00 PM
- Gates open at 5:00 PM
- Event ends at 2:00 AM
- Parking lots close at 3:00 AM
Day 2: Sunday, September 3rd
- Parking lots open at 4:00 PM
- Gates open at 5:00 PM
- Event ends at 2:00 AM
- Parking lots close at 3:00 AM
The hotly anticipated lineup features a cross-section of genres including house, techno, trance, bass - and everything in between. Today's most sought-after producers will perform, including nightly headliners Marshmello and Above & Beyond. In addition to the 40+ international artists slated to perform, we've got a special guest appearance by one of dance music's most influential duos, Sasha and Digweed.
Explore the lineup to discover your favorite new artist, listen, and create your own schedule before going to the show!
Come our moment in the Sun it'll be good vibes only as we Celebrate Together(ness) to the eclectic tunes setting ablaze our three desert stages. Explore the diverse roster of talent and discover all the lineup has to offer, by following the hand-picked Spotify playlist for regular updates from our showcased beat makers.
Arrive intent to dance your heart out and enjoy all that SCMF has to offer including three unique stage experiences, transportive festival features, and festive vendors.
The 2017 edition of Sun City Music Festival revisits El Paso’s spacious Ascarate in west Texas. Plot your arrival and departure with complete details about parking, or where to direct your cab for drop-offs and pick-ups. Plus, learn more about our official rideshare partner, Uber, and special promotional offers to stay safe in transit.
Enter our sunny world with a reminder to have fun and Celebrate Safe. For tips to a successful festival mission, take a look our pointers including how to stay cool, use the buddy system, and support fellow partygoers.
Make the most of our time at Sun City with a quick peek at the general festival guidelines, you can avoid problems along the way. Stay informed preceding the event, and avoid taking a seat on designated dance floor areas.
Sun City Music Festival is open to fans who are ages 16 and above. To purchase and consume alcohol, you must be at least 21 years of age.
Code of Conduct
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs.
- NO Refunds or Exchanges.
- NO Sitting on Designated Dance Floor Areas.
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing, or Stage Diving.
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed.
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Giveaways, etc.
- NO Camping.
- NO Tailgating.
Every attendee will be searched prior to entry with a TSA-style search, which includes emptying your pockets and bags, a full pat-down, an examination of items brought with you, and potentially a removal of your shoes. Police officers work both inside and outside our events with the aid of K9 units. All narcotics laws are strictly enforced. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
The use or possession of any illegal drugs or substances will not be tolerated - either inside or outside the venue.
If you are found inebriated at the entrance, security will not allow you to enter the festival. Event staff reserves the right of admittance refusal.
Safety & Medical
In the First Aid tents located throughout the festival, you'll find teams of medical practitioners ready to care for your every need. If you or a friend is not feeling well, are lightheaded, nauseated, or have another medical need like blisters or a headache, please visit our friendly medical staff and feel free to ask a festival team member for assistance.
Few things are necessary to enjoy Sun City Music Festival, yet there are other items that you shouldn't leave home without! Showcase your squads' festival spirit with totems, flags, and costumes; but don't forget to bring your SCMF tickets and valid identification. For everything you can and cannot bring past the front gates, please take a moment to reference the acceptable and prohibited items.
- OK Small Bags, Single Compartment Backpacks and Purses (Maximum 21" x 10" x 14").
- OK Fanny Packs.
- OK Reusable Sun City Music Festival Water Bottles (Arrive empty).
- OK Camelbaks (non multi-pocket, arrive empty).
- OK Clear Plastic Water Bottles (Limit one per person, arrive empty).
- OK Glowsticks, Flow-wands, Batons, or Orbs.
- OK Orbits, Flowlights, or Poi.
- OK Handheld Camera Devices (GoPro, Sony Action Cam, HTC Re Camera, etc. Must be 6" in size or less.)
- OK Selfie Sticks.
- OK Mobile Phones.
- OK Portable Battery Chargers.
- OK Lighters.
- OK Earplugs.
- OK Sunglasses.
- OK Hats.
- OK Ponchos.
- OK Glowing/Illuminated Costumes or Jewelry.
- OK Lip Liner, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Sealed Chapstick.
- OK Sealed Packs of Gum.
- OK Sealed Eyedrops.
- OK Sealed Tampons.
- OK Dry Makeup (NO liquid makeup).
- OK Sealed Sunscreen (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed Deodorant (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed/Disposable E-Cigarettes.
- OK Vaporized E-Cigarettes (Including refillable liquid chambers, must be empty upon arrival.)
- OK Sealed Packs of Cigarettes.
- OK Plastic Tarps and Blankets.
- OK Hula Hoops (Including LED).
- OK Fatheads and Posters.
- OK Flags, Decorated Pool Noodles, and Totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totem Guidelines: Maximum height 10 feet, made from a lightweight material (foam, PVC, etc.). Poles must be no thicker than one inch in diameter and cannot contain solid metal pieces. Decorated pool noodles recommended. Any item deemed dangerous, promoting illegal activity, or hate speech will not be permitted. Totems are subject to inspection.
- NO Illegal Substances.
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia.
- NO Unopened Over the Counter Medications.
- NO Unopened Bottle of Vitamins.
- NO Animals (except service animals).
- NO Massagers.
- NO LED Gloves or LED Microlights.
- NO Laser Pointers.
- NO Pacifiers, Dust Masks, or Gas Masks.
- NO Glass, Cans, Cups, or Coolers.
- NO Markers, Pens, or Spray Paint.
- NO Large Chains or Spiked Jewelry.
- NO Stuffed Animals or Dolls.
- NO Stickers, Flyers, Banners.
- NO Inflatables, Balloons, Balls, Frisbees.
- NO Tents, Umbrellas, or Chairs.
- NO Bota Bags.
- NO Backpacks, Purses, or Bags larger than 21" x 10" x 14".
- NO Open Packs of Cigarettes.
- NO Unsealed Tampons.
- NO Liquid Makeup.
- NO Unsealed or Aerosol Sunscreen.
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Candy, etc).
- NO Musical Instruments (Including Whistles, etc).
- NO Tactical Gear.
- NO Weapons of any Kind (Including Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc).
- NO Professional Recording Equipment - Photo, Video, or Audio (Including Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms, etc).
- NO Drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- NO Items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the concert by management.
- NO Totems which contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totems and flags without these pieces are deemed safe and adhering to these guidelines will be allowed.
When it comes to essentials, we highly advise you wear a pair of comfy dancin’ shoes, a big smile, and dress for the fest’ in party attire. Feel free to let your freak flag fly and wear your festival colors loud and proud, but don’t leave home without your ticket and valid photo ID!
Bring a copy of your ticket, either PDF or mobile QR code, along with ID card to the gates of Sun City to collect your festival wristband.
- Your Ticket (paper or digital) or Wristband.
- Your Valid Photo ID.
- Comfortable Clothing and Shoes.
- Smiles and Good Vibes.
- Festival Costumes Encouraged.
The planning has commenced to prepare for the SCMF '17 with custom-made accessories for the squad including those beloved totem poles! So wave your Sun City pride sky high and spread the good vibes far and wide. Get crafty and don't hold back on a DIY decorating project, just keep the following totem guidelines in mind to ensure your SCMF gear passes through the gates with ease.
- We accept flags, decorated pool noodles, and totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or anything capable of being pounded into the ground and hurting others. Totems and flags without these elements are deemed safe, and adhering to these guidelines will be allowed.
- Maximum height 10 feet, made from a lightweight material (foam, PVC, etc.).
- Poles must NOT be thicker than one inch in diameter and cannot contain solid metal pieces.
- Decorated pool noodles recommended.
- Avoid any items deemed dangerous, promoting illegal activity, or hate speech will not be permitted. Totems are subject to inspection.
Apart from your ticket and good vibes, the most important thing to have is an accepted form of identification. Before you head to the park, make sure your ID is good to go!
- United States Passport.
- DHS "Trusted Traveler" Card (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST).
- United States Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DOD civilians).
- Permanent Resident Card Border Crossing Card.
- DHS-Designated Enhanced Driver's License.
- Driver's Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles or equivalent (Paper ID's are not permitted).
- Native American Tribal Photo ID.
- A foreign government-issued passport.
- Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Mexican Consulate ID (Only Permitted with a secondary form of ID - EX: School ID).
- Expired identification card.
- School identification card.
- License/ID card issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada.
- Birth certificate.
- Social security card.
- Federal immigration card.
- Voter registration card.
- Copies of any acceptable forms of identification.
On the festival grounds of Sun City, you'll find a number of amenities including all the basics and beyond. Preview the list of comforts and conveniences provided on-site, so you can make the most of your time.
Lost & Found
Go to the Lost & Found should you misplace any personal belongings during the festival. Following the event, Lost & Found will move locations to Happy House inside Cielo Vista Mall on the first floor in front of JC Penny.
- Address: 8401 Gateway Boulevard West, El Paso, TX 79925
- Phone: 915-778-1769
Water Refill Stations
We encourage our patrons to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water, as well as sports drinks in order to replenish the body's electrolytes. While you're here, fill up on H20 at any of our free water stations, or purchase water at various concession stands around the venue.
Stock up on the hottest Sun City merch to wear your festival colors loud and proud! Make sure this year’s event is one to remember for a lifetime, mark the occasion with a piece of the SCMF collection.
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event with roaming vendors carrying water and other beverages. Visit our vendors for something refreshing like fresh fruit and juices to combat the heat.
Bars located throughout the festival will serve beer and liquor. Service hours may be limited and you must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification.
Keep your hands-free on the dance floor by renting a personal locker, plus the option to include a phone charger. Yours for the duration of the fest', enjoy unlimited access as you hit the dance floor all day and night. Measuring approximately 8" high x 11" wide x 17" deep, a personal locker allows you to safely stash your belongings. For an added convenience, choose a locker with phone charging capabilities. Stow away your things and plug in your phone to keep the battery charged and stay tapped into all things SCMF.
Everything you need is already here! Load up on funds at the ATM to take advantage of all that SCMF has to offer.
We've accounted for the necessities to ensure your experience is seamless. For any forgotten items, or to lighten your load, swing by our on-site general store to pick up essentials.